East Bay Agency for Children, also known as EBAC, is looking for a talented and passionate individual with a commitment to social justice to join our incredible team. EBAC's mission - to improve the well-being of children, youth and families by reducing the impact of trauma and social inequities - motivates our amazing staff to create change for our program participants each and every day.
For 5 years EBAC has been named a Top Workplace by the Bay Area News Group, reflecting our supportive and fulfilling work environment. As an EBAC staff member you can enjoy a healthy work/life balance through generous paid time off and excellent benefits. A career with EBAC will make you part of a well-established and respected agency with an inspiring team of people furthering a compelling mission.
The Support Specialist will provide senior administrative support to the North Region of SchoolBased Behavioral Health, which provides coordinated school-based mental health services to students and families to enhance academic success and well-being in school sites throughout Oakland and the immediate surrounding areas.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCY FACTORS
RESPONSIBILITIES (Those with an asterick are essential responsibilities)
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred. High School diploma or general education degree (GED) accepted with appropriate experience.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently and track multiple deadlines and projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience training individuals and small groups in technology systems.
- Demonstrated experience and advanced proficiency with MS Office, electronic health records, other databases
- Ability to drive with valid driver's license, auto insurance, and access to use of an automobile as needed.
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
WORKING CONDITIONS and JOB SETTING
- *Serve as regional hub, trainer and trouble-shooter for agency/region technology systems such as Welligent, Relias, MS Office software, etc
- *Support contracts management and compliance: centrally maintain contract deadlines and deliverables, support staff and sites in maintaining contract compliance, audit documentation and systems for contract compliance, write draft contract reports.
- *Coordinate and maintain inventory of staff technology tools and property being used in the program such as computers, phones, projectors, aircards, keys etc
- *Maintain and update program training materials
- *Manage petty cash, process staff reimbursements and mileage for Director review and approval
- *Maintain and regularly communicate to all program staff master calendar of all agency and program deadlines, such as: timecards, MAA time entry, Relias reminders, report due dates, etc
- Maintain inventory of regular program supplies and refresh as needed; order all additional program supplies in coordination with Director
- Support program recruitment efforts
- Support program and region special events
- Provide phone and in-person reception duties, including information and referral to callers. Maintain accurate resource information
- Work from a culturally informed perspective with sensitivity to children, families, and staff.
- Provide administrative support to Director
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 1. Program headquarters is in a multi-story building with stairs that need to be climbed for access to the other floors as needed. Work is primarily in a routine office setting.
- Periodic lifting up to 25 pounds is occasionally required.
- Periodic driving is required.
EBAC offers a uniquely generous time off package and an outstanding benefits package that includes health; chiropractic; dental; voluntary life insurance (for yourself and your family), AD&D and SDT; accident and critical illness coverage (for yourself and family); flexible spending for medical, child care and commuter benefits; 403b retirement program; legal insurance; and, agency paid life insurance and long term disability coverage.
East Bay Agency for Children is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diverse candidates to apply by sending a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
, or by fax to 510-268-0143. Please use the job title as the subject. No phone calls please.