EBAC improves the well-being of children, youth and families by reducing the impact of trauma and social inequities and is committed to building a comprehensive, place-based continuum of accessible, trauma-informed and culturally relevant services that build resiliency, aid in recovery and, where possible, prevent exposure to adverse childhood experiences.
Our staff seeks to reduce barriers that contribute to disparities in wellness for socio-economically disadvantaged and racially marginalized families and to create communities where all children and families have supports to reach their full potential.
The Support Specialist will provide senior administrative support for the successful functioning of the division which provides comprehensive and coordinated supportive services to students, families and communities to enhance academic success and emotional and physical well-being throughout Alameda County.
B. QUALIFICATIONS and COMPETENCY FACTORS
C. RESPONSIBILITIES (Those with an asterisk are essential duties.)
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred. High School diploma or general education degree (GED) accepted with appropriate experience
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently and track multiple deadlines and projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience training individuals and small groups in technology systems.
- Demonstrated experience and advanced proficiency with MS Office, electronic health records, other databases
- Ability to drive with valid driver's license, auto insurance, and access to use of an automobile as needed.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
D. WORKING CONDITIONS and JOB SETTING
- *Serve as hub, trainer and trouble-shooter for agency/program technology systems such as Welligent, Relias, MS Office software, CalWin, etc
- *Support contracts management and compliance: centrally maintain contract deadlines and deliverables, site visit calendars; support sites in maintaining contract compliance, audit documentation and systems for contract compliance, write draft contract reports.
- *Maintain inventory of staff technology tools and property being used in the programs such as computers, phones, projectors, aircards, keys etc
- *Maintain and update all program training materials
- *Manage program petty cash, process staff reimbursements and mileage for Director review and approval
- *Maintain and regularly communicate to all program staff master calendar of all agency and program deadlines, such as: timecards, MAA time entry, Relias reminders, report due dates, etc
- Maintain inventory of regular program supplies and refresh as needed; order all additional program supplies in coordination with Directors
- Support program recruitment efforts
- Assist with general outreach for and evaluation of Family Resource Center activities.
- Provide phone and in-person reception duties, including information and referral to callers. Maintain accurate resource information
- Work from a culturally informed perspective with sensitivity to children, families, and staff.
- Provide administrative support to Division Director and Program Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Program headquarters is in a multi-story building with stairs that need to be climbed for access to the other floors as needed. Work is primarily in a routine office setting.
- Periodic lifting up to 25 pounds is occasionally required.
- Periodic driving is required.
EBAC offers a uniquely generous time off package and an outstanding benefits package that includes health; chiropractic; dental; voluntary life insurance (for yourself and your family), AD&D and SDT; accident and critical illness coverage (for yourself and family); flexible spending for medical, child care and commuter benefits; 403b retirement program; legal insurance; and, agency paid life insurance and long term disability coverage.
East Bay Agency for Children is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diverse candidates to apply by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
, or by fax to 510-268-0143. Please use the job title as the subject. No phone calls please.