For 5 years EBAC has been named a Top Workplace by the Bay Area News Group, reflecting our supportive and fulfilling work environment. As an EBAC staff member you can enjoy a healthy work/life balance through generous paid time off and excellent benefits. A career with EBAC will make you part of a well-established and respected agency with an inspiring team of people furthering a compelling mission.
The Administrative Assistant supports the EBAC Practicum Program and other program managers, as needed: data entry, file maintenance, meeting coordination, orientation materials maintenance, internal/external reporting, office and additional clerical support as needed. .
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCY FACTORS
- A.A. required, B.A in business or related field preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years experience at an executive level and two years working with a Board of Directors preferred.
- Minimum of two years experience working in an office preferred.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite, to include: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.
- Ability to write, read, analyze and interpret financial reports, contracts and legal documents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information to senior management and Board of Directors.
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and quality.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment, as well as independently; while multi-tasking and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries, document requests or complaints from employees or others; while maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to drive with valid driver’s license, auto insurance and access to use of an automobile as needed.
WORKING CONDITIONS and JOB SETTING
- Provides senior level administrative support to the CEO in scheduling complex meetings, document production/tracking.
- Prepares materials for Board Meeting Packets and maintains tracking of submissions for events, and other reports as needed.
- Manage supplies and refreshments for Board Meetings; to include the purchasing, preparation and display.
- Attend Board and Committee Meetings to take minutes and transcribes same for CEO approval and Board President’s signature.
- Ensures that new Board Member packets and orientation documents are executed fully upon election to Board and that annual documents are maintained according to by-laws and governance requirements. Maintain Board Intranet and document archives.
- Provides general office support to senior level staff to include document generation, copying, scheduling of meetings, etc.
- Provide clerical/administrative support to Practicum Program Coordinator.
- Act as liaison between HR and Practicum Program to coordinate onboarding and off-boarding of interns.
- Maintain adequate office supply levels for department essentials. Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
EBAC offers a uniquely generous time off package and an outstanding benefits package that includes health; chiropractic; dental; voluntary life insurance (for yourself and your family), AD&D and SDT; accident and critical illness coverage (for yourself and family); flexible spending for medical, child care and commuter benefits; 403b retirement program; legal insurance; and, agency paid life insurance and long term disability coverage.
- Agency headquarters is in a multi-story building with stairs that need to be climbed for access for meetings, use of fax/copy machines.
- Board meetings are held in various work locations with different settings.
- Driving and access to a car is required.
- Periodic lifting up to 30 pounds is required.
East Bay Agency for Children is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diverse candidates to apply by sending a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, or by fax to 510-268-0143. Please use the job title as the subject. No phone calls please.