EBAC improves the well-being of children, youth and families by reducing the impact of trauma and social inequities and is committed to building a comprehensive, place-based continuum of accessible, trauma-informed and culturally relevant services that build resiliency, aid in recovery and, where possible, prevent exposure to adverse childhood experiences.
Our staff seeks to reduce barriers that contribute to disparities in wellness for socio-economically disadvantaged and racially marginalized families and to create communities where all children and families have supports to reach their full potential.
The Contracts Analyst will provide professional level support related to contract administration and management of contracts with customers, vendors, partners, contractors and employees. Contract administration and management will include negotiating terms and conditions in contracts, ensuring compliance with those terms and conditions, as well as tracking, documenting and agreeing on any changes or amendments that may arise during contract implementation or execution. The goal of this position is to maximize financial and operational performance and minimize risk. In addition, the position will be responsible for handling a wide range of administrative and support related tasks for the CFO, overseeing and managing special projects, and collaborating with Senior Leadership, Administrative, and Program Teams.
B. QUALIFICATIONS and COMPETENCY FACTORS
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or legal related field of study required.
- Knowledge of commonly used contracting methods and contract types.
- Ability to understand and interpret contract clauses.
- 3-5 Years of experience in contract administration is preferred; not required.
- 5. Knowledge of Government contracts, rules and regulations required.
- Prior experience in writing and editing. Must have superior proofreading skills for grammar and spelling.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be exceedingly well organized, detail oriented, accurate and timely with assigned tasks.
- Must be flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of executing a wide range of projects through both independent and collaborative efforts.
- Must be able to interact skillfully with staff (at all levels), sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- A high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role.
- Expert level verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced skill in Microsoft Office applications.
D. WORKING CONDITIONS and JOB SETTING
- Negotiate terms and conditions of contracts.
- Analyze contract terms to determine contractual obligations and review renewed contracts for changes in terms and obligations.
- Track and ensure compliance with contract deliverables, notifying relevant staff of reporting requirements, and facilitating submission of necessary materials.
- Document management; which includes filing, collating and maintenance of contract files.
- Research pertinent information on RFPs relevant to EBAC programs and pending contracts.
- Generate proposals and/or supporting documents in response to solicitations.
- Review and provide contractual understanding of grants as needed.
- Negotiate and administer vendor contracts.
- Solicit bids to procure goods and services when needed.
- Project management, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Provide support to the CFO.
- Special Projects as assigned.
- Agency headquarters is in a four-story building with stairs that need to be climbed for multi-level access for meetings, use of fax/copy machines.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Sufficient vision to review a variety of documents in both hard copy and electronic form.
- Ability to use computer (keyboard, mouse, etc.) in daily work.
- Driver’s license and access to a car is required.
- Periodic lifting up to 25 pounds is required.
- This is a 30 hour/week position.
EBAC offers a uniquely generous time off package and an outstanding benefits package that includes health; chiropractic; dental; voluntary life insurance (for yourself and your family), AD&D and SDT; accident and critical illness coverage (for yourself and family); flexible spending for medical, child care and commuter benefits; 403b retirement program; legal insurance; and, agency paid life insurance and long term disability coverage.
East Bay Agency for Children is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diverse candidates to apply by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
, or by fax to 510-268-0143. Please use the job title as the subject. No phone calls please.